- what did you think about the A-B-C format?
I thought it was really helpful because then I could tell exactly what we were supposed to do for each week and it would help me organize my posts. Also, if I was confused about anything it would help as a guide when I would check the website for more information about the project for that week.
2. What did you think of the 4 Messy Hands activities? (Plaster Casting, Sketching in the Garden, Graffiti Writing & Finger Painting
I thought the plaster casting activity was really fun and I made new friends while doing it as well. It was definitely a learning process but I’m happy with the results that I got. Although I wish I would’ve been able to make it to the class meet up at the beach.
3. What did you think of the 4 Life Design activities? (Design Thinking, ePortfolio, Environmental Portrait, vlog)
Unfortunately took too long and procrastinated on my life design thinking activities, but I did do the ePortfolio and I found it helpful since I want to go into the marketing world. This will be a useful tool for me in the future to display my work to other companies.
4. What did you think of the Student Choice & One More activities?
I don’t remember these activities.
5.What did you think of visiting the SOA Galleries, having Conversations with SOA Artists, and blogging about them?
I enjoyed going to the galleries the most. Talking with the artists was super interesting because once I found out where their creative ideas stemmed from, I could really see it in their work. The galleries exposed me to the most art because not only was I seeing it in person, I was interpreting and analyzing it as well as seeing how it impacted me.
6. What did you think of using the class website, glenn.zucman.com/i2va, plus your own websites, instead of BeachBoard?
Sometimes it was difficult to navigate the website since it kind of differs from mobile to desktop. Aside from that I enjoyed it because it made BeachBoard super simple and easy so that I could just use it to check my grades. It turned out being a lot easier to utilize that I thought it would be.
7. What did you think of using WordPress for your blog?
WordPress was really user-friendly and simple to make a post. I would recommend continuing to use this in future classes.
8. What did you think of using Wix for your ePortfolio?
Wix was interesting. It was simple but complicated at the same time. Actually setting up your site was easy, but there were so many customizations and things to choose from that it made creating a site difficult.
9. What did you think of the guest speakers? (Internships, Study Abroad, etc)
I didn’t enjoy the guest speakers as much as I would have a regular day in class. The information they were giving us was interesting, but I have heard the same information given by guest speakers in other classes, so it was just a bit repetitive.
10. What did you think of the times in class when we took time to meet new classmates? How many Art110 peeps did you know before the class started? How many do you know now?
Personally, I found these times a bit awkward at the beginning, but after a while I didn’t feel uncomfortable asking to join a group. I knew a couple of people since I had classes with them last semester, and since art 110 I’ve met at least a handful of other people who live at Parkside with me.
11.What did you think about having a class with no tests? I don’t just mean “was it cool to not have to take any,” but students use tests to guide their study and participation in a class. Students tend to learn what’s on the test, and to not learn anything that isn’t. Did not having exams make it harder to focus or find importance and relevance in the class?
Not having exams made it harder to focus on one specific thing, while making it easier to focus on an overall picture. I liked the fact that it required putting effort into individual posts each week instead of studying repetitive topics for homework.